You will undertake your qualification through a series of theoretical workshops and practical tasks with plenty of opportunities to analyse and reflect upon your own performance. Our experienced facilitators are specifically trained in delivering elements of the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management in this way as well as relating the training to your industry sector and role. You will have the opportunity to apply the skills learnt and practice these different styles in action with your peers – learning the different reactions and experiences felt with given leadership style and the impact this has had on the team and the task in hand.
Remember: I hear, and I will forget, I see, and I remember, I do, and I understand.
• Leadership qualities, the roles and responsibilities of a leader.
• The differences and similarities between leadership and management.
• Leadership models and the theory of different leadership styles.
• Leadership behaviours and the role of trust, empathy and respect.
Leading and Motivating a Team Effectively
• Vision, mission and strategy, developing team objectives that support the overall vision.
• The importance of a team having a common purpose.
• Practice various techniques for communicating vision, goals and objectives.
• Theories of motivation and the factors that motivate people in different situations.
• You will look at how to select and use appropriate motivational factors
• The basic support needs that individuals may have and how to meet these.
• The importance of continuous development for the team and individual members.
You do not need to have any specific qualifications to enroll on this course, however it is preferable to have a good command of English (both written and spoken), be over 18 years and working in an appropriate level of employment i.e. with management responsibilities currently or be aspiring to move into a team-leader position.
It is possible to complete this course when not employed i.e. studying or on a career break, to prepare you for your next role, providing you have prior experience of working in groups and leadership that you can draw on.
COURSE DATES 2019:
Intensive: 7th, 8th, 9th Oct 2019
Lydeard Farm, Broomfield, Somerset
DURATION & ATTENDANCE:
3 days full time
3 days part time on a day release
There is no pre-course preparation required for this award; though Outposts would encourage the learner to consider the course description outlined and how they relate to your experiences.
WHAT DOES LEVEL 3 EQUATE TO?
A-Levels, GCSE in applied subjects, International Baccalaureate, NVQs at Level 3 or BTEC at Level 3
FUTURE DEVELOPMENT AND CAREER PATH
Successful completion of the ILM level 3 Award in Leadership and Management would lead to the level 4 Leading to a Level 3 Certificate or Diploma or an ILM Level 4 Award (which equates to the first year of an under-graduate degree).
£749 incl VAT
This price includes: